Help with Drug Costs
How it works
Many pharmaceuticals, government agencies and charitable foundations offer financial assistance to help patients pay for costly drugs. The anti-fibrotic drugs for pulmonary fibrosis can cost thousands of dollars per month without help.
The groups listed here may provide help with the cost of these drugs. Both OFEV and Esbriet manufacturers will help you apply, as may your specialty pharmacy. Typically, you provide information about your income and insurance and hear quickly from them. Grant amounts vary and generally are good for one year.
If help is not available from one group, you may apply to another group. To find more details, select the group name to go to their website or apply by phone.
These resources are available in the US.
Esbriet® (pirfenidone) is manufactured by Genentech, Inc.
- Esbriet Phone 844-693-7274 option 2 to speak with a representative.
- Rx Hope Phone 877-977-9118 Ext 89864
OFEV® (nintedanib) is manufactured by Boehringer Ingelheim Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- OFEV Open Doors Phone 866-673-6366
- OFEV Financial Assistance Phone 866-673-6366
- BI Cares Foundation Phone 855-297-5906
For Esbriet or OFEV
- Healthwell Foundation Phone: 800-675-8416
- Patient Advocate Foundation Phone: 800- 532-5274
- Patient Services Inc.Phone: 800-366-7741
- NORD (National Organization for Rare Disorders) Phone: 800-999-6673